1. Japan Lite: An unconventional BBQ (@japantimes_life)
2. Video: Baby Mopâ€"A crazy Japanese innovation that turns your baby into a cleaning device (@reesan)
3. Video : Balloon Man on Japanese TV (@AdySan)
4. Bimbogami, god of poverty (@808armada)
5. Harumi Kuriharaâ€™s book â€˜Everyday Harumiâ€™ Simplifies Japanese Cooking for Westerners (@joshikaisf)
6. Video: Human sushi (@wtfjapan)
7. Tokyo Mango: Jamiroquaiâ€™s Virtual Insanity noodle commercial playing throughout World Cup (@Japan_Blogs)
8. â€œCharisma Manâ€ or the special powers of a caucasian foreigner in Japan (@ledeclic_japon)
9. Do you know about Senjafuda (@BlogLinksJapan)
10. Ten Ways to Enjoy a Hot Summer in Japan (@InvisibleGaijin)
INTERNATIONAL BOVINE NEWS
11. â€œSteak: one manâ€™s search for the worldâ€™s tastiest piece of beefâ€ by Mark Schatzker (@moooobar)
BEHIND THE SCENES
As some of you know, I have had a new editor at the Japan Times for about a year now. He is my fourth editor over the 13 years Iâ€™ve been a columnist there. When I submitted this column, An Unconventional BBQ, he emailed me and said, â€œSince this column is a little short, do you have a photo to go with it?â€ Short? I always turn in 750 words! Well, it turns out that he wants 850-word columns. I had no idea, and had even been cutting my columns down to 750. I am sure he meant to tell me this a long time ago, butâ€¦.anyway, so I very quickly wrote up an extra 100 words. I managed to add them, but feel the column suffered from my last-minute attempts to beef it up, so to speak. Apologies for any recklessness that showed through!
The weather forecast in Okayama is for rain for the next five daysâ€"Have a great Rainy Season, wherever you are! Be kind to snails and other slimy things.
And thanks for reading Japan Lite!
Follow me on Twitter: