MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2022

we touched this same spot with our hands, our feet, our gaze and our dreams

Thursday, September 07, 2006

What it means to be Japanese



Ko Unoki FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2006-->Published: September 7, 2006TOKYO The other day I received the results of a DNA test administered by the Genographic Project, a joint project by the National Geographic Society and IBM, whose goal is to analyze human DNA samples and understand the route which mankind took in populating the world.
After submitting my DNA - obtained by simply swabbing the inside of my mouth - along with about $100, I received two months later information about my paternal ancestors.
I've always been interested in trying to find the origins of my ancestry. I am a Japanese male, born in Japan. Both of my parents are ethnically Japanese and as far as I know, all my recent ancestors for at least the past three centuries were born in Japan.
The Genographic Project, which I happened to stumble upon while surfing the Internet, gave me an opportunity to satiate my curiosity about my ancestral origins.

click on the title to read the rest of the article

No comments:

Post a Comment